VLOA WEEKLY QUIZ #5
ANSWERS TO QUIZ #4
- Wing player A1’s foot is on the line when the faceoff official says “Set.” Legal? Yes. A good time to warn BOTH players to respect the line is when you first see it.
- The head of A1’s crosse is tilted forward when the faceoff official says “Set.” Legal? No. Everything must be legal at “Set.”
- Coach A calls “timeout” after the faceoff official says “Set” but before the whistle is blown. Legal? Yes
- What is the difference between an Illegal Offensive Screen and Interference?
- A1 kicks the ball into B’s goal. Legal?
- Team A is awarded the ball on the endline after a shot. All Team A players head upfield and no one seems interested in picking up the ball for the restart. What do you do?
- A1 in possession of the ball runs upfield toward B2 A1 lowers his head and bowls over B2. Legal play?
- One official is reporting a penalty to the table. What should the other official be doing?
Here is the link to the 15 min. concussion video that was mentioned at the meeting yesterday.
Location: Randolph Union High School (in the basketball gym)
VLOA Annual Clinic Agenda:
1. 8:30-9:00 Registration
2. 9:00-9:10 President’s Welcome, Keith Page
3. 9:10-9:20 Secretary, NFHS Insurance, Roster corrections, Jamie Stewart
4. 9:20-9:35 Assignor’s Report, Terry Harlow
5. 9:35-9:50 Dr. Gammons, Dr. Miller
6. 9:50-10:00 Break
7. 10:00-11:00 VLOA Training Coordinator program (video & rules clinic), Jim Farrell
8. 11:00-11:15 Observer Program, Paul Trono
9. 11:15-11:30 NFHS New Rules clinic, Eric Evans
10. 11:30-12:00 Discussion of proposed Code of Conduct, Keith Page (EMLOA as a model?)
11. 12:00 Adjourn
Great training opportunity for new officials provided by US Lacrosse.
Follow this link for details: