QUIZ #9 ANSWERs
1. Playoff game. Season ends for the loser. Under 2 minutes remaining. B1,
whose team is losing badly, delivers a big illegal check. What might be
the best option? You might consider a 2-min non-releasable penalty so
that B1 is done for the day.
2. Playoff game as above. Scrum between opposing players. Punches
are thrown but you are not quite sure which team and which numbers.
What now? When an ejection is involved, especially in a playoff game
where another game lies ahead for the winner, you have to be sure of the
identity of an ejected player.
3. Playoff game as above. Lightning delay in 4th quarter
darkness. Coach of team that is ahead says ¾ of the game have been
played so it counts as a legal game. What now? Playoff games are
completed …even at a later date if necessary.
4. Playoff game as above. Final few seconds and Team B scores the go-
ahead goal. Team A coach requests an equipment check on Team B
scorer. You discover he has no shoulder pads. What now? Equipment
violations on items other than a stick have no bearing on a goal not
5. Playoff game as above. Game starts and Team B says:”That hasn’t been
called all year long! Let the kids play! It’s the playoffs!” Your response?
No response really other than calling the game the way you have all