General announcement for all VLOA members:
2017 business meeting will be Sunday, March 19, 2017 at the SHAPE Facility on the campus of Vermont Tech in Randolph, VT.
Find directions via Google Map here.
Rule books in the mail this week.
REQUIRED HOMEWORK PRIOR TO 3/19:
- TAKE THE NFHS lacrosse test: exams.nfhs.org
- Watch the 2017 NFHS Boys Lacrosse Rules Changes video, here (YouTube):
- Currently the new rules/changes are posted:
- Watch the concussion training and complete certificate:
Coaches & Officials: Education Videos National Federation of High Schools “Concussion in Sports.
What You Need to do: At this website, you must register with an email and password, and then order the video “Concussion in Sports: What You Need to Know.” Both registering and ordering the video are free. The website will offer you an opportunity to print a certificate certifying that you have completed the course. There is no fee, so “ordering” the video does NOT cost you anything.
Provide to Jim Farrell (assignor) and Paul Trono (secretary/treasurer).
NOTE: All high school officials who officiate one (or more) of the four “collision” sports MUST take the concussion training every other year, per VT statute. IF YOU OFFICIATE ONE OF THE “OTHER” COLLISION SPORTS, you can provide Paul/Jim with a certificate within the past two years; if not, please take the video course and provide both with this document.
At this time the group business meeting has a single item, which is some minor by-law revisions (posted on VLOA website: https://vermontlacrosseofficials.org/)
Please read/review and plan to vote; please contact Bill Powell if you have questions on these proposed
This meeting is REQUIRED. If you cannot make this meeting please notify Bill Powell.
Here’s a rebroadcast of assignor Jim Farrell’s email to all VLOA members:
- Please let me know if you plan or do not plan to officiate VT Boys High School or Youth Lacrosse this season. I want to make sure I have the most updated roster for VLOA officials. My email is email@example.com.
- I plan to start making assignments in early February and plan to get assignments completed by the end of February or early March 2017. I WLL assign the entire season ( April/ May ) so everyone knows their games and can plan accordingly.
- PLEASE log into Arbiter and update availability and contact information. Some officials I have not worked with and will be in contact with you prior to making assignments so update cell phone, email etc.
- We have 3 on-field pre-season training opportunities: March 25th – Rutland, VT High School ( 2 man mechanics ) Jim Farrell – Trainer, March 25th – Burlington, VT High School ( 3 man mechanics ) Brett Divenere – Trainer April 1st – Burr and Burton Academy ( 2 man mechanics ) Chris Harlow – Trainer. Try to make an effort to attend one of these sessions and myself, Chris and Brett would appreciate some help coordinating these training sessions. If you plan to attend, RSVP directly to the Trainer and copy Eric Evans.
- Finally – if anyone has any questions or would like to touch base with me, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call my cell phone at 518-441-4363.